Re: Red Cross

Could be someone else. The one I saw was quite young, early 20's. Didn't
look like an ex-nun (not that I suppose I can tell!) Never looked scruffy;
just suspicious in manner. It would have been around early 1997.

Mind you, I've lost some of my sympathy with RVIB. They are the ones whose
telemarketers consistently ring up during dinner asking me to buy stuff. And
I'm pretty sure they passed my name and address onto other charities.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

"Chris Parnell" <chris@infinisource.com> wrote in message
954715796.241534@clover.river.net.au">news:954715796.241534@clover.river.net.au...
> That woman you speak of is an ex-nun from a convent in Malvern. She got
the
> vagaries she has also been seen doing the rubbish bins very professionally
> at a lot of stations on Bayside routes, although I have seen her at
> Camberwell, etc.
> Very sad situation. She was a nun at the Sacred Heart Hospital in Malvern.
>
> Daniel Bowen <dbowen@#DELETE#custard.net.au> wrote in message
> kJFF4.61131$3b6.238789@ozemail.com.au">news:kJFF4.61131$3b6.238789@ozemail.com.au...
> > Recommend you contact the Red Cross. Certainly sounds dodgy, and these
> sorts
> > of people give the charity they claim to work for a bad name.
> >
> > I encountered a woman claiming to work for the Royal Victorian Institute
> for
> > the Blind (or was it the Guide Dogs?) several times on trains around
> > Caulfield a couple of years ago. I rang them and asked. They said she
was
> > not working for them, and that the police were investigating. Never saw
> her
> > again, so I presume they caught her! :-)
> >

> > Daniel
> > --
> > Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
> > dbowen at custard dot net dot au
> > http://www.custard.net.au/bowen/daniel/
> >

> > "Anita Lukaszyk" <neety@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> > lvmF4.60643$3b6.237385@ozemail.com.au">news:lvmF4.60643$3b6.237385@ozemail.com.au...
> > > This guy was on the 12.17 Sydney-Newcastle train . Just walking
through
> > the
> > > train with a little Red Cross plastic bag. No ID tag or anything
> official
> > > looking. He got off at Epping.
> > >
> > > Anita
> > >
> > > --