Re: A day out west part 2.

Aus loco discussion mailing list

The Broken Hill pass is crewed by Countrylink crews for the Sydney -
Lithgow - Sydney portion of the journey. FreightCorp crews from either
Lithgow, Parkes or Dubbo can and have worked it form Lithgow to Orange
(Tuesdays) and Parkes to Lithgow(Fridays). The Wednesday portion of the
journey from Orange to Parkes is worked by crews from either Dubbo or Parkes
depots. It really comes down to who is available to work this service on a
day to day basis. Parkes crews always work the Parkes to Broken Hill portion
of the journey. I am sorry this reply is a couple of days late, but I have
been away for a couple of days.

Noted in Lithgow at 04:30 Friday 18/2/2000

82xx,81xx,48xx,81xx,8033 on a down empty ore service to Blayney. I know I
should take more notice of engine numbers but I'm getting slack.

Regards

Dave