Re: FV news.

Aus loco discussion mailing list

Darren Wood wrote:

>H 1 has been transferred to the broad gauge. It's rostered to run 9442
>log train from Tottenham Yard to Sale on Monday 14.02.2000 with T 396.
>The T class continues to Hillside, H classes are not permitted beyond
>Sale due to the slightly higher axle load. Stratford River bridge has a
>17.5 tonne axle load limit.
Danny & I were discussing the previous posting as to 3 X T class being
converted to standard gauge to work in NSW. We could not fathom why the 3
standard gauge H's could not be used instead. I was aware that the H's were
heavier, but by how much?
Perhaps this is why they would be unsuitable to work in NSW.
Also, do how do they do conversion to Standard Gauge? Is it a bogie swap
with one of the H's, or does FV have spare bogies with standard gauge wheel
sets already?
Regards
Ivar