Alice Springs, 2/2-3/2

Aus loco discussion mailing list

NR102 arrived at 1810 last night on 3AL7N, with a motorail / 3x 5-well
sets (2nd and 3rd sets double stacked) / about 15 more flats, including
a 5-pack / 6-7 Mobil tanks, so 35-odd total.  Staff watching the axle
boxes as the train pulled into the yard called the arrival time through
to control (or yardmaster?) as "1910", so they use Adelaide time up
here.  I set out an hour early to try and photograph this arrival, but
it was just pulling into the yard as I drove past: defeated again!

The same loco ran this morning's service to Adelaide; loading in the
yard yesterday evening looked to be around 25-30 wagons.

Regards,

Peter Donaghy
Relieving Manager, Alice Springs
ph. 08 8952 6020