XPT Page - How can you help?
How can you help?
These pages are under continuous development. Any information you can
provide will be most welcome and will be fully credited. Listed below are
some specific items I'm after.
Photos, technical specifications, timetables
Photos should be in GIF or JPG format. Please keep them under ~700 pixels
wide if they are to be used as inline images. Location, date and
photographer should be attached for the photo caption.
Any written items should be in plain text or formatted HTML.
Email me if you can assist.
- Prototype British Rail HST locomotive (252 set)
- 253/254 HST set in early days of service (mid-late 1970s)
- Early artists impressions of XPT
- Early media reports
- Test runs of the SDS cars with CT22 and BT10 bogies, including the test
train to Armidale on 14/4/80 and high speed runs around Marulan
- Images of early XPT vehicles under construction
- Early test runs and demonstration runs using non-XPT cars
- XPT on first day of public service to any destination
- Early interior shots showing original style of seats and buffet
- Early demonstration/test runs to Melbourne and Brisbane
- Special trains and charters using XPTs
- XPTs in unusual places (e.g. last train to Corowa)
- Record breaking runs
- High speed test runs
- Sydney - Newcastle record
- Special liveries
- XPT power cars hauling X2000 on test runs around the state
- X2000 in regular service to Canberra
Back to XPT page