Re: 81 class in Great Northern

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:12:26 +1000, you wrote, and I selectively
quote:

>Seen this morning in Great Northerns yard in North Melb, Vic, was loco
>8170. It's very rare to see an non-GN loco in their yard these days, what's
>it doing there?

I wouldn't think it rare, I've seen an 81 there a couple of times ....
GNRS operate FreightCorp's CRT train from Albury to Melbourne and
return (as well as ASR's Patricks train from Appleton Dock to
Dimboola).  There may have been extra loading that GNRS was handling
or some routine maintenance.

On a similar topic, there may be FCP 48s  on the CRT train in the next
few days if I read an ARTC notice correctly.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos