Re: Melbourne Public transport for Special events

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Exnarc wrote:

> Surely a 20 minute service isn't bad for a Sunday. It wasn't all that long
> ago that it was 40 minutes.
>
> If (us) older folks think back to the 50's, they will remember there were
> "NO" trains at all on Sundays.

Yes, true, but we are talking about big events here.
A 20 min frequency is not enough to bring home 80 000 footy fans from the
MCG.

I wasn't necessary criticising the 6 car approach, someone asked what goes
on and I informed them.

Gareth.
(Very happy to have a 20 min frequency on Sundays)

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278