Re: signals in sydney

WhaleOilBeefHooked <daproc@spambait.umpires.com> wrote in message
news:7ssp11>
> No - a dwarf signal - same triangle arrangement, yellow on top, red and
> white on bottom with the white being permanently lit (well,
> semi-permanently, until the globe blows).
>
> DaveP

I think a more thorough explanation is required to clarify some things.
There are two types of position light (triangular) signals. The OLD style
has one RED lamp (bottom left), one WHITE lamp (bottom right) and one YELLOW
lamp (top). When at STOP, the RED and WHITE  lamps are lit. When at proceed,
the WHITE and YELLOW lamps are lit. These type signals were mainly used in
conjunction with the old style Single Light Colour Light signalling system
where one lunar white marker was permanently lit.

The NEW style signal has two RED lamps (bottom left and right) and one
YELLOW lamp (top). When at STOP, the two RED lamps are lit. When at caution,
only the single YELLOW lamp is lit. When these signals are found on the Main
Line and apply to the running direction, a GREEN lamp is also fitted. The
illumination of the single GREEN lamp means proceed. These signals are
mainly used in Double Light Colour Light areas and the NEWER Single Light
Colour Light signalling system (red marker lit with STOP aspect only).

Hope this helps.

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane, QLD