Re: Lines never opened

Phil Carter wrote:

Kanagulk to Edenhope
Port Fairy to Yambuk
Tolmie
Frankston Cemetery

Unlike the others, the Act authorizing the construction of the Tolmie
line doesn't specify where the line should run. It simply lists the
districts it should serve. One can assume it would have been a narrow
gauge extension of the Whitfield line. As I understand it the line to
Whitfield didn't need to be narrow gauge but the expectation was that it
would be continued into the hills beyond Whitfield where a narrow gauge
would be needed.

Phil Carter.