Re: Taken For A Ride

Richo <richardc@tpg.com.au> wrote in message
37f09b02@dnews.tpgi.com.au">news:37f09b02@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> Fiction hey?
The post WWII land use planning was and is a political issue, manipulated by
> pollies for short-term gain. Their cronies in building and real estate,
the
> gullible working class who buy on the outskirts and the rail unions who
dug
> their own graves can also be thanked for the mess we are in.

SNIPPED>
> > David McLoughlin
> > Auckland New Zealand

Are you suggesting that we should all live in the Big Smoke ?
Sorry, Mate but over here our cities are choked with petrol and industrial
fumes, few would want to live and work in it.
I have been forced by employment options, to work in Melbourne, for more
than 20 years. I chose not to live in Melbourne. and never visited it to
shop or for entertainment, ever.
My family went to school in the suburbs [outer] and none of us found the
need to visit the Big Smoke.
I have now returned home to the bush, these last few years, and have only
returned to the 'smoke' on occasions I coukld find no excuse to avoid, about
4 times.
You have heard about our Minister for [un] employment Reith, I presume?
He is a face that has always existed in Conservative Australia, strangely
revealed by the
current powers, but always has been there.
I am a Blue Collar worker, I have a  High School Year 10 Qualification,
gained in 1963. I am a qualified Accountant, but chose to Drive Trains
[Gunzel?]
In 1954, my Father ,also a Train Driver, bought his first car, and started
thinking about owning a house. We did not have a phone, TV's did not exist,
and we went to Church 2 miles away on little seats attached to the rear of
our Parents bikes.
We had days out, in Furniture Vans, converted into Buses.
WE had a good life, I  never got to know my Dad, because to get the Car and
the House he worked 3 jobs. He installed Blinds, and repaired Cars as well
as his Railway Job.
His working conditions were lousy, as was his pay .
    I am a Public Servant [even though the Yanks may own V/Line now] I do a
damn good job, getting up at all hours, working average 10 hour days,
without regular meal breaks, unhealthy sleeping habits, and a much reduced
social life. My children don't really know me, but I need only work one job
to survive, unlike my Dad.
I own my own house, have 2 Cars, a Caravan , Boat and an investment in
Queensland.
I earn more than $50, 000 a year, I spend all I earn, nothing in the Bank,
but I pay for Top MediBank, Have Superannuation and Investments which will
enable me to retire and live comfortably when I retire in the next few
years.
The Point!!!!
Reith and his like never let me do all this! They fought tooth and nail to
stop me having a decent life, they still are.
I GOT THIS FOR MYSELF!!   READ MY LIPS....

I did not do it on my own, but I was forced [kicking and screaming, I might
add] to join a union, and this organisation of people all got together and
forced the Reiths of this world to cave in.
I have a good life now, but I work very hard for it. You , even if you dont
belong to a Union, are benifiting by my actions. All wages improve when we
lift our   wages, otherwise the local
Bank Manager or Policeman would still be on $15000 a year...Believe me I am
right.
My Union has been off the boil for some 10 years or so now, I have not had a
pay rise for at least 3 years and thost that were recieved were cost of
living adjustments, and were mostly eaten up in Tax and Inflation.
Reith will have my Children back in my Fathers Day soon enough!
 Is that what you want?
Rod