Re: Reopened stations

I knew that my brief posting would be questioned.

Coburg - Somerton was closed in 1903,
along with intermediate stations North Coburg [Merlynston, which I should
have included], Fawkner and Campbellfield [which I should not have prefixed
North].
The line was reopened in 1906 to Fawkner.
The line was reopened in 1928 to Somerton.
Service north of Fawkner was suspended in 1956.
The line north of Fawkner was electrified to a new station at Upfield in
1959.

The best reference is Jungwirth & Lambert 'Weekly notice extracts
18894-1994', no home library should be without one.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in article