[Melb] Hillside's 4D/Double Deck withdrawn for good

On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Chester See wrote:

> I've just confirmed with the HIllside trains staff that the 4D train is
> definitely out of service because they cannot guarantee that it will not
> break down again.  The train will be taken to Ballarat for storage at a
> later date.

All,

The above email is the second different source I have received which
tells me that the 4D won't run again.

If anyone knows info on the transfer to Ballarat, please let me know.
It may be soon, as it is simply wasting space at Bayswater.

Gareth.

 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278