Re: Some oddities in Sydney Underground system?

Re Wynyard platforms....
In 1986, it was planned to renumber platforms 5 & 6 to 1 & 2. It was
later dropped (probably for the confusion it may have caused). Also, the
former tramway platforms & tunnels are still owned by the Railways, and
leased by the Menzies Hotel on the understanding that the Railways may
want it all back one day.

For the record, I vaguely recall the railway platforms at Milsons Point
were still numbered 3 & 4 in the 1970's - well after the (original)
tramway platforms 1 & 2 were demolished in 1959.

<snip>

>The platforms may have been used before Circular Quay opened, im
>not sure. They were never used for their intended lines.

No, track was never laid in the middle platforms at St James.

Roy H