Re: DOO In Sydney?

In article <RXztN=YPH1fObNCRb3bHCaXMltyk@4ax.com>,
Bill Bolton <billboltonREMOVE-TO-EMAIL@computer.org> wrote:
>"Exnarc" <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote:
>
>> They aren't so in those cases you use CCTV Monitors on the platforms, as
>> does Melbourne now. The provision of vandal proof roller doors are of cause
>> essential as are hoods to shield the screens during bright sunlight. Either
>> way its cheaper than providing CCTV everywhere!!!
>
>The technology exists today to readily put flat display video screens
>in the drivers cab, then there's no vandalisation problems or daylight
>visibility problems.

 Both Adelaide and Perth have small TV monitors in the cab that automaticly
turn on when the train is stopped with the doors open. They turn off after
the train starts moving.
 In Perth the cameras are on the platforms so there must be some sort of low
power RF link from the platoform to the train.

 On the matter of cammeras, Cityrail aint short on them. My station is getting
at least a dozen on those new 'digital' surveillance cameras. All they need
to add is a small transmitter near where the trains cabs stop that feeds the
two cameras on that platform to a monitor in the cab.
 With the current program to install security cammeras all over the place
one of the major costs of equiping to run DOO has been taken care of on
'passenger security' grounds.