Re: Bring on the busted air-bags...

I don't know about the finger, but they had just made the on-train
announcement that the XPT had reached its maximum speed when the interurban
sped past.  The driver was fined $10 and said later it was worth every cent!
Regards
Bob Merchant

Russell Norton <russelln@primus.com.au> wrote in message
938157827.372396@diddley.primus.com.au">news:938157827.372396@diddley.primus.com.au...
| > Fit some lightweight pans and tune the suspension, they could exceed XPT
| >speeds... :-)
|

| They sometimes do now, without modifications <g>
|
| An inter-urban overtook the first XPT on the west (before St Marys). The
| driver probably would have got away with it, except for the fact he stuck
| his finger up at them when he went past !! (The officials riding in the
XPT