Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

The whole function is pointless.  The ticket is valid, and does not need to
be checked.  All this does is slow down boarding.
This stupid idea of constant checking is for management convenience, not
customer convenience.  Allocation of revenue is better done via statistics.

Even in the usually-horrible USA, the better systems have eliminated this.
On proof-of-purchase systems (Los Angeles and San Francisco), once you have
the ticket, and have validated it, you must retain the ticket to prove that
you have paid, and must be prepared to show it at a spot inspection, but
you don't have to poke it into a machine at every boarding.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in article