Re: Sydney trackwork - long weekend

Garry Hoddinett <hoddos@netspace.net.au> wrote:
: I really don't think a casual rail user could reasonably be expected to down
: load all CityRail timetables from the net and then view them later.  In the

Well, first of all I discovered tihis morning from this ng that the
timetables could be downloaded.  I'd never noticed the tiny link before
until comments here made me look for it.

I've been connected since the treansfer started at 9.30 this morning.
It's now 6.43 pm.  The file transfer(~3.8MB) is now at 80%.  I doubt
there's too many CityRail customers with the patience to wait that long to
d/l the tt.

:\

: removing it from this newsgroup!  I good public information web site like
: CityRail should be easy to navigate and quick to download information from.

Should be.  Isn't.  I work there.
NOT.ONE.MILDLY.TECHNICAL.PERSON.IN.ANY.MANAGEMENT.POSITION.IN.SRA.IT.DEPT.

try to convince a mgmt individual in this organisation aboubt a technical
issue.  See said mgmt person employ a consultant to provide the same avice
as previously given by regular staff, but for a price in the 10's of k's.

Give up.