Re: More on Bishop Austrans

Robert Yee wrote:

> I agree in principle with all said. But don't forget the German Maglev, operational
> (in terms of very high speeds) so it is good to see those willing to "push the
> envelope". But yes we must never lose $ight of the reality.

That's exactly what Bishop says, but Transrapid is a joke! The maglev
falls 165km/h short of its claimed operational speed, is still slower
than a TGV and is still not in commercial service after decades of
testing. Transrapid is not "operational" as it's nothing more than a
high tech tourist ride.

Of the four bidders for the Sydney - Canberra high speed rail project,
Transrapid came last.

Cheers
David