Re: QR going national?

Maurie Daly wrote:
> No Govt operators in Australia have ever made profit out of their rail
> services unless they do so by levying monopoly rents.

As I said earlier, QR makes an operating profit on their coastal
passenger trains and the Kuranda train. We all know that Traveltrain as
a whole makes a loss, but elements of it do make money. IIRC, the Spirit
of the Outback comes very close to breaking even.

I'll be interested to see how the tilt train performs revenue wise.
While it will probably never reclaim the capital cost, I'm pretty sure
it can be made to run at a profit.

Cheers
David