Re: VIC: 1987 Safeworking Systems

> With the double line block say a train is waiting at Clifton Hill, then the
> signaller can't get line clear until the previous train has left Merri, now
> with three position signalling the train can leave Clifton Hill after the
> previous train has cleared Rushall.

3 position automatic signalling was in force Clifton Hill "B" to Merri on the Down.

Trains could depart from Clifton Hill whenever they wanted to and were governed by
the Auto signals.

A Down Home Arrival was provided at Merri to protect trains "waiting line" to
Northcote.

On the Up, a Up Home Arrival was provided and 3 position automatic signalling from
the Up end of Merri to Clifton Hill 'B'

The last Auto on the up was post "5" wich was a 3 position controlled automatic
signal.

--
Thanks,

Tony Gatt.