Re: Closed stations

David Bromage <dbromage@omni.com.au> wrote:

>> This could be a long thread

Yes.  about 30 years ago, I compiled a list of closed stations in Vic,
there were over 100 in it, I recall.  To me, an unexpected feature of
Victorian names revealed by this listing was that an inordinate number
of them started with the letter "W".

For the ballarat line, for instance, I can add the following to DB's
list [thus]

>[Ardeer 1st], [Hinton], [Staughton], Parwan, [Bacchus Marsh Racecourse],
> Rowsley, [Ingliston], [Bradshaw], [Llandeilo],
> Gordon, [Millbrook], [Wallace], Bungaree, [Dunnstown], Warrenheip,

Many other lines would have a similar density of now-closed stations
all stations to Mildura.