Re: Mt Barker Junction

bill johnston <wajohns@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message
37ddd545@dnews.tpgi.com.au">news:37ddd545@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

> Although I knew that Mt Barker Junction signalling remained in place
after
> guage standardisation, I had always assumed that the junction itself had
been
> bulldozed. I was therefore surprised to see in September Catchpoint that
the
> junction pointsremain and a dual guage line disappears into the distance.
How
> far does the dual guage go?, and have any standard guage trains ever used
the
> it? What is the situation at Woolsley (spelling?). Again I have always
presumed
> that the junction was removed.

Wolseley is a boring crossing loop, the East end points (actually a
crossover) are west of the platform, making the platform in the single line
section to Leeor.  Before the Narrow Gauge conversion, there was a delta
crossover past the east end of the platform (it it the up or down end???)
but it now deceased.  The loop is on the south side of the track, and the
east end of it beyond the crossover mentioned above is the lead into the
grain siding.  The Real Gauge track from the South finishes in a pile of
dirt, if my memory serves correctly.

As for Mt Barker Jct, I vaugely remeber seeing SG Track Machines in there
last time I passed through in the Overdue.

Good to see in that photo in Catchpoint that the Up Departure Signals are
still REAL signals.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
GRS 2A Signal Motor Connoisseur.