Employment\Qualifcations???

I Have been getting a lot of slack from everyone saying that working for the
railroad sucks!! Well I am in the USA and would like to move to Australia
and work on the Railroad. I am a conductor for the Union Pacific for 23
years and it is a fulfilling  job (the hours are bad) but overall Its a good
job. How many of you can say that when you go to work you don't have any
idea what will happen next, and where you will be in 12 hours, and for how
long? All I have asked for is where and what do I have to do to get employed
by one of the thru-freight Railroads there?

Thanks
John