Re: Re Strategic Reserve.

> Frank A. Rosenbaum <farosenbaum@earthlink.net> wrote

>> Well, other than the fact that I am not playing for a New York baseball
>> team... I am now living in the mid west and have always considered myself an
>> American. I wonder what reaction you would get from a Mexican or Canadian,
>> if you told them that they were American.

And Ireland is one of the British Isles, so geographically, citizens of the
Irish Republic are British, but I don't think they would like to be called
that.  The term "British" is usually reserved for residents of the United
Kingdom, particularly England, Wales, and Scotland (and I guess the
non-Irish residents of Northern Ireland).

Also, the official name of Brazil is the United States of Brazil, and its
people are called "Brazilians."

Mexico is actually the United States of Mexico, and its people are called
"Mexicans."

So it should not seem unusual that persons from the United States of America
are called "Americans."  Nobody really confuses that to mean a person from
anywhere on the American continent.

Merritt