Re: XPT accident at Wodonga! Delay about 15mins?

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
37DDC909.CA68B47D@ozemail.com.au">news:37DDC909.CA68B47D@ozemail.com.au...
> Rod wrote:
>
> >     When the XPT came through, about 90 mins later the drunks were still
all
> > over the place and one was asleep on the SG track near Station Crossing.
The
> > Driver slammed on the brakes but still passed 3 cars over him. Went back
> > find the pieces, and found one very upset drunk, struggling to get out
from
> > under the train.
>
> Pity.
I guess so, David, but I am sure his Mother loves him, and would have been
broken hearted.
I guess, also that the Driver went back thinking of the mess he was going to
find, and was much relieved to find a live and undamaged Drunk. Perhaps the
guy was running so hard, because he saw murder in this Drivers Eyes! We are
funny people, us humans, what other animal could be happy to find someone
undamaged, and immediatly decide to damage him for putting us through so
much trauma.
or that is how I foiund myself thinking on more than one occasion. My trauma
Councillor puts it down to nervous reaction
Rod