'Strange' NR train on the Illawarra

Matthew
The train you saw was one of National Rail's Dunmore Quarry (Shellharbour)
to Cooks River blue metal trains for Boral Ltd which commenced in late June.
The workings are normally worked by two DL class locos. (See Railway Digest
August 1999, page 13 for more details).
Regards
Derek Rogers
Editor - Railway Digest