Re Question about privatization

In article <37DCC4B8.A561298B@eurodyn.com>,
Nick Fotis  <Nick.Fotis@eurodyn.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I would like to use some background material for an article I'm writing
>regarding railroad privatization. I have some material about USA and
>Europe,
>but it's pretty outdated (nearly a decade old book), so I would like to
>ask where (Web pages) to search for more current information (especially
>Europe, regarding the European Union's directive 91/440 about railroad
>privatization).

    Be careful in your interpretation of 91/440, it doesn't say railways
have to be privatised at all, it's basically rabbling on about about
accounting procedures and allowing private operators to run trains
if they can make a case (pay the money?).

        http://www.asamrt.interbusiness.it/mancorr/91-440e/91-440e.htm

>Typical questions are: historical background of privatization attempts,
>what are/were the results (especially with statistical numbers), etc.

     The way the uk gov did it the result is a f*cking sh*mbles.

--
Cheers, Keith.