Re: brief list of T sets with spare cars used

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:04:02 +1000, "M.G.Smith" <gard@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
>7ragpe$qn0$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7ragpe$qn0$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
>> correct as of 10/9/1999
>>
>> T24  D6289 (D6224?)
>> T74 D6287  (D6115)
>> T84 OD 6841 (D6274)
>> T99 D6286 (D6174)
>>
>T99 car was D6274 (still sitting at MainTrain) ex Vineyard level crossing
>accident.
>T84 car was D6174 (still sitting at MainTrain) ex Concord West derailment.
>I saw both at MainTrain during a visit there.
>It seems they can not scrap them until all investigations are complete,
>however, both cars have had just about every re-usable item pulled out of
>the cars, the only thing that remains in 6174 is the fluro lights and
>destination board.
>Regards.

  I went past maintrain the other day (Sunday) and there was a Tangara
driving car sitting in one of the sheds. It appeared to me to be
undergoing some serious repair. Is it one of these damage cars, or is
their a car undergoing a refurb?
 Ashley Wright, Canberra, Australia  ajwright@nospam.ozemail.com.au
 www:  http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajwright   Do not reply to my email. Delete word 'Spam'.