Re: Late running XPTs 8/9/1999

I've been on the XPT a few times recently and have noticed how Countrylink
seem to hammer home the idea of recycling those trays in such a way that it
portrays the service as pretty cheap and hard up for cash.  While it makes
no sense to be continually throwing away good trays, the announcements on
the train act like it's some sort of criminal offense to dare use or ask for
a second one. :(

I assume that they are already using recycled (in the true sense) cardboard?

Why don't they use plastic if the trays are such a precious commodity since
they'd have much less waste and get them all back after use?

In most other ways the XPT service seems good though, but maybe I've just
had a good run ;)

Reuben

37D865CE.E7500E87@ozemail.com.au">news:37D865CE.E7500E87@ozemail.com.au...