Re: Tram Announcements: another Victorian election conspiracy theory

: Has anyone noticed how the Tram announcements (you know: "Good
: morning passengers... Swansong Trams would like to remind you to validate
: your tickets on every journey so that we can trace your every movement and
: invade your privacy ... [etc]") have suddenly disappeared, as the Victorian
: election approaches?

Sorry but I hade one on my trams both ways on Friday to Uni.

But yes there are fewer announcements now.

: I don't think I've heard one of these incredibly annoying, disrupting and
: useless announcements in over a week. I'd been thinking, the last time
: I'd actually heard one, that if there was anything that would generate a
: voter backlash, it would be these announcements.

: Funny how life gets so much better as an election approaches.

: ...Paul.

: --
: "The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page   |   Paul Dwerryhouse
: publishing, threatens to reverse the trend towards    |_  paul@xenu.ee.mu.oz.au
: illiteracy among the supposedly educated without at the |___    Melbourne,
: same time improving their spelling". -- Michael Swaine, DDJ |   Australia.

--

Chris Gordon
http://www.ecr.mu.oz.au/~cmgord