Re: Heritage "W" class trams - what happened?

Johann Fan <jyf@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
7rd19o$k34$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:7rd19o$k34$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> M.G.Smith <gard@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> %AiC3.15154$ei1.30564@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:%AiC3.15154$ei1.30564@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> > Normally routes 12 (City-South Melbourne&St. Kilda), 8 (City-Toorak),
and
> 16
> > (City-St. Kilda Beach) are served by "W" class trams only, as part of
the
> > governments heritage scheme.
> > But, on my recent visit I noted "B" class trams on route 12 and "Z"
class
> > trams on routes 8 & 16.
> > What ever happened to the  governments commitment to heritage "W" class
> > trams?
> > Can some Melbourne locals can explain something I don't know about here
in
> > Sydney?
> > Regards.
>
> The simple fact is that there is not enough W-class trams to serve a full
> schedule, therefore the Z's and B's. The 12 runs with some (most?) B's on
> weekends.

Just another couple observations.
Today (Sat 11/9) almost (if not all) West Coburg (55) trams were run by B2s.
Does anyone know why?
No. 1/22 East Coburg/Moreland trams seem to have B2's on only during peak
hours (Mon-Fri). It used to be all day.