Re: Bayside windows

Steven Hurst <hurste@primus.com.au> wrote in message
936857410.334970@diddley.primus.com.au">news:936857410.334970@diddley.primus.com.au...
> > Noticed this morning that the train I caught had a plastic door window
> > replacement thingy that had a sticker that said "BAYSIDE TRAINS".
> >
> > So presumably they've been split up along with the trains! I wonder if
> > one company's trains are more susceptible to having their windows
> > kicked out than the other's?
>
> I wonder how much the replacement windows cost, because there are often
> windows lying alongside the track in the grass, unsmashed.  It would
> probably be worth their while keeping an eye out, and collecting them, if
> they don't already.

This is a fair idea, however whilst they may look undamaged they may have
been weakened by the experience of falling out of a moving train, (little
wonder), if a reinstalled window was to fail causing injury or worse to a
passenger the lawyers would have a field day.

Guess it might be cheaper to just junk them???

Bob.