Re: V/Line Pass- Railways now forgotten in Government Policy?

MarkBau1 said on 10/09/1999 in <19990909135111.24175.00006620@ng
-fy1.aol.com>:

><<<<<<<Yes, the improvements to off peak services have been impressive.
><<<<<<<Even
>the
>ones before the most recent ones were an improvement on the labour
>years. However, the reduction in peak services introduced in the summer
>after Jeff was re-elected still exists. The summer timetable was
>introduced as was the norm,>>>>>>>>
>
>Hold on a minute.  He keeps a summer timetable (with reduced peak hour
>trains) in force for several years, he then adds some off peak hour
>trains back and people see that as an "improvement"?
>
>I'm confused!

We all are. Though there are a lot of people, as someone suggested in this
ng yesterday, that have short memory spans and think "oh goody! the libs
have made our transport system the best ever!" which of course is a load of
bulltish.

Regards
Michael