Re: Bayside windows

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Daniel Bowen wrote:

> Noticed this morning that the train I caught had a plastic door window
> replacement thingy that had a sticker that said "BAYSIDE TRAINS".
>
> So presumably they've been split up along with the trains! I wonder if
> one company's trains are more susceptible to having their windows
> kicked out than the other's?

The stickers are mainly a stock-taking measure.
Hillside trains can have Bayside temporary windows & vv.
It's just a matter of where the train is when the window is found missing
and where the nearest temporary window can be located (so the train can
get be "road worthy" again.)

Should I be as bold to suggest that more windows are kicked out of trains
in "less fortunate" areas of Melbourne?  (i.e. Much of Bayside's network!)

Gareth.

              Nothing is so smiple it can't be screwed up.
 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278