Re: Derailment at OLYMPIC PARK.

Michael Walker wrote:

> >> Where did the bi-directional come from?? Read it again.Then if you are
> >still
> >> haveing trouble understanding i will draw a map and post it by snail
> mail.
> >> Don.
> >
> >From the original post:
> >
> >"The rail service continued using the other set going in via the exit,
> >terminating and forming the service back to Lidcombe."
> >
> Why the bi-directional signalling, don't NSW have any regulations for
> running wrong road?

There is no bi-directional signalling on the Olympic Park Line.  The entire area
is "Yard Working".  There are signals provided for trains running in the wrong
direction at Olympic Park station.  They are at the South end of the platforms
and are fixed at Stop.  In the event that a train is to be worked in the wrong
direction, the driver simply stops at the signal telephone and the signaller
informs him that he is to be working in the wrong direction, and off it goes.

*This information is as I remember it from the Weekly Notices.  I am not
qualified to work trains there!*

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au