Re: Uncompleted Railways

In article <936747629.586922@diddley.primus.com.au>,
  "Steven Hurst" <hurste@primus.com.au> wrote:

I really, really, wish it wasn't.  Then I wouldn't see the message
twice, once in clear text and the other with HTML tags wrapped aound it.

> The Doncaster East Railway line in Melbourne, was never built, but a =
> cutting was excavated near Collingwood Station to allow for the line
> to swing onto the middle strip of the Eastern Freeway. -Does this
> count?
>
> AFAIK the cutting is filled in now.

IIRC the cutting was filled in immediately after it was excavated.  The
theory being that when the time came all that was needed was to remove
the soft soil, rather than the hard rock.

JD
--
John Dennis
Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway