Re: 2800s in SEQ

2800s do not normally operate south of Rockhampton as there are still
clearance problems associated with them.

They only come down to Brisbane for the wheel lathe at Mayne and they
operate under Out-of-Gauge conditions.

Usually, they only travel as vehicles although occasionally they may work a
service.

One was due to come down today and go back tomorrow.

David Brown <davidgbrown@optusnet.com.au> wrote in article
<7q9im9$kbo$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> Last week, John Hoyle noted 2843 at the shed at Mayne, and I saw in June
> 2829 and 2818 trundling around the Sunshine Coast hinterland on light
engine
> jobs.
>
> Does anyone know how they are working these locos now? I suspect they are
> coming down vehicle or light engine and going back the same way. The
working
> of them periodically on C249 or CC49 in the afternoon seems to have
ceased
> and they are not working the Power Train as they were slated to do last
> year.
>
> Any ideas as to what workings they are doing and photo opportunities in
SEQ