year 12 assignement

Hello,
My name is Melissa, and I am in year 11, but we are starting the HSC course now. In life management, we have what they call "IRP" which is an Individual's research Project.
This is where you can study whichever topic you find interest in, but whatever it is you have to do in depth. For example you must conduct interviews, surveys, statistics, and take photos, and have diagrams etc. I have chosen to do the Granville train disaster, as I find it very interesting and, I want to know more about it.
I was wondering if by any chance you could help me?
If you could it would be muchly appreciated.  this assessment is worth, 20% of my overall HSC grade.
If you can help me can you please e-mail me at quirky@ihug.com.au
Also if you would happen to know, is the train still around? Is it anywhere that I would be able to go and take photos of...? and do you know of any people that actually worked in the rescue squad or who were in the train and are still alive?
I know I am asking a  lot, but if you could help me you don't know how much I would appreciate it.
Thank you very much, for taking the time to read my e-mail.
In Hope
Melissa