Re: Sydney P class tram at Seashore

Dave McL <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
37cf07a0@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:37cf07a0@news.iprolink.co.nz...
| Bill Bolton wrote:
|
| > Does anyone happen to know the current operational status of the
| > Sydney P Class tram at the Seashore Trolley Museum in Maine?
|
| Why not post your question in ne.transportation?
|
| There, I've done it for you.
|
| David McLoughlin
| Auckland New Zealand

Yes, Bill,  the Sydney P class tram 1700 at Seashore is in operating
condition although I understand it does not run often due to the fine
flanges (a
problem with their British trams, also).  American tramway flanges are
closer to Australian railway flanges in size.  The Sydney Tramway Museum
supplied
full painting details and paint samples to Seashore a year or so ago and
they are
looking into getting the illuminated 'Women's Weekly' advertising signs
operating
again.  They told us the details we supplied gave them more information
about the Sydney P design than they know about many of their US cars.

Regards,
Bob Merchant
Editor, Trolley Wire (magazine)
Sydney Tramway Museum