[NSW] That infamous trackwork

Oh boy..... I had some real fun this weekend. We planned to train our way
from Penrith to Minto. Being the efficient cityrail user I was I checked for
track work at the cityrail website. We found out there was some track work
and expected some delays. Being in a hurry I decided I'd follow the route
that seemed most obvious at the time. Here is the journey from Penrith to
Minto:
Station                          Mode of transport
*Penrith - St Marys                  train
St  Marys - Granville               bus
Granville - Fairfield                 train
Fairfield-Glenfield                     bus
Glenfield - Minto                     train
* we discoverd later that there was a bus that went from penrith express to
granville, but the was no signage as to it's availability at penrith
station.

 all very fun....... until we realised we had spent about 3 3/4 hours
travelling. We devised a quicker and  more comfortable route for the way
home though. we caught an east hills line train from Minto to central and
then caught the replacement coach's from central express to Penrith. that
took around 2 hours and was much more pleasant albeit less train related.