Re: Kensington Grain Siding Photos

Hi,

>Found some old photo's from around 1995??? where a double Y class loco
>configuration was captured working the Kensington Grain Sidings.  Images
>can be found at http://www.omni.com.au/railway

Interesting to see the photos of the area in that year, nothing has changed
much around there. I really only started using the line again at the end of
1997, after much of a break of about 5-10 years when I was over about 10kms
east.

>How long has it been since a Y class was seen in there?

My guess is quite a while now. These days its only run by P's with the
occasional T or H. The P's really took over earlier this year. Before that,
it was all T's.

The movements, as have been posted here before have changed a bit now.
Instead of the loco going away and doing something else, it is stabled in
the siding until the end of day. I guess it's a cheaper way for freight vic
to run that service.

I've seen recent movements there as small as 2 wagons. How can they afford
to run these? Last Friday's movement was 13 wagons. Just gives an idea of
the variation you see there.

Approx. two weeks ago there was a Fright Vic liveried container flat,
possibly a VFLX (with the end baulheads) sitting in the siding coupled to
the usual VHGF's.

I have also noticed that RT43 in the past week has recieved yet another
mural on it's side, this one covering the side windows / door windows. How
can it be run safely like this, assuming that you don't *always* want to be
looking out the windscreen in front of you, there are also mirrors on the
side which would obviously be unusuable at the moment.

Are GY's and/or GH's still used at all these days? Never seen any of them
recently in this siding, but I have seen them all over the place (idle), in
places like Totty Yard, Geelong, etc.

Regards
Michael

--
Michael Kurkowski
Email: mk@netstra.com.au

What is the point of having quotes at the end of your .sig?