Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Gavin Potter wrote:

> Jack,
> After reading your email replies to the above thread, all I can say is, that
> I hope you don't work for Countrylink as the attitude that you portray here
> is exactly what is being talked about.
> If you do work for Countrylink, why not ask nicely and find out what the
> complaint is about. I do hope that if you are employed by Countrylink that
> one of the powers to be reads your reply's and calls you in for a little
> word about customer etiquette.

The bottom line is how the average paying customer perceives the service
they receive, and the average paying customer doesn't have a clue about
pathing philosophy or short crossing loops and doesn't care. All they
want is to get to where they're going, faster than the alternatives with
cost factored in, on time and in reasonable comfort, or else they'll
take the bus or fly. There may well be good reasons why Countrylink
services often run late but it begs the question, why aren't they tabled
later to accommodate those possibilities? Or more to the point, what are
the hurdles to bettering on-time performance? Both are questions the
average traveller would ask in response to the discussions above. You
can lecture people familiar with rail operations all day on why services
aren't as good as they could be but those people are about 1% of current
and, more importantly, potential rail travellers.

Dion