Re: NSW RTM in Melbourne

Notagunzel <notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
Ox7S3.218$fq3.6338@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net">news:Ox7S3.218$fq3.6338@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net...

> Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
> 01bf1f7e$bbd98b80$362d11cb@rodsmith">news:01bf1f7e$bbd98b80$362d11cb@rodsmith...

> > Note: A Dimboola poster claims that there will be specials to
Rainbow and
> > Yaapeet on Sun.31.10 for a local shire centenary.  I had deduced
that this
> > would be part of the RTM tour, but that tour does not leave Sydney
until
> > Sunday evening.

> I am told this is a red herring.  My spy made enquires, and no one
in FV has heard of
> these trains.

As is very clear now from other posts, my spy was wrong. :o(

I could have a whinge about how difficult it is to get reliable
information when my spy can't get reliable gen out of FV 3 days before
a special pass, but then all the information I need has turned up
tonight. (Both here & on a mailing list). |-)

So.... Sunday sounds like a good day for a drive to the Western
district.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.