Re: Country(link?) - try walking instead

Jackson Harding (jaxsonjo@camtech.net.au) wrote:
> David Bromage wrote:

> > Kerry Whitfield (webmaster@orientbeach.com) wrote:
> > > Ticketless travel. I'm not sure what would happen if eveyone on train used
> > > this method, it probably wouldn't work. I've heard that in the USA some of
> > > the airline companys are spending up big to introduce ticketless travel.
> >
> > Qantas already does this with e-tickets. When you check in you show some
> > ID and you are given a boarding pass.

> Ansett have now followed.  You can also book with Qantas online, last trip I
> made I booked the trip and picked up my e-ticket at the check in counter.  Quick
> and easy.  I'm not sure if you can redeem Frequent Flyer points online yet, but
> you can certainly check how many you've got. etc etc online.

You can, but only a limited number of routes. I think it's only between
major ports (Capiral cities plus Coolangatta, Cairns, etc) and not on any
of the Qantas regionals.

> If only the railways were a tenth as responsive to their customers.

Amtrak and VIA Rail have online bookings. One of the British TOCs is
heading that way, but I can't remember which one (I think it's Virgin).

Cheers
David