State of steam in NSW

As was mentioned in one of the R766 threads, steam seems to be in a
precarious state in NSW.
The loco roster for the state reads:

Local roster
------------
3801 Ltd - 3801, 3830 © (Powerhouse)
RTM - 2705
LVR - 5367
ARHS ACT - 1210
Richmond Main - SMR22 & 25

Foreign roster
--------------
Zig Zag - DD17 1049 (QLD), BB181/4 1072 (QLD), C17 934 (QLD)

The RTM apparently has $27,000-odd for the overhaul of 3526 but no dates
have been mentioned.
3016 (ARHS ACT) needs firebox stays replaced and again, no return date is
given.
3026 (LVR) is being overhauled at a leasurely pace - no return date is
given.
6029 (ARHS ACT) needs the new boiler installed - no date given
3642, 5910, 3001 (RTM) all out of service with no apparent plans for their
return to steam.
3237, 3013 (LVR) are being restored but not any time soon.
3265 (Powerhouse) was rumoured to be overhauled by 3801 Ltd but again that's
just rumour... (confirmation, Geoff?)
SMR18 is out of action until repairs are carried out by 3801 Ltd

I haven't mentioned the locos tied up in Dorrigo but there is enough
circumstantial evidence to suggest that there appears to be more politicking
going on in NSW than Victoria.
Maybe NSW could take a leaf out of Victoria's book and reinstate the
Newcastle Flyer once a week?

Whether you agree with this assessment or not, as someone else rightly put
it, with QLD and VIC restoring steam locos like there's no tomorrow, it
would be great to see NSW get more steam back on the rails.
I don't think bring 3820 back to life is the answer, although I would dearly
love to see it happen.

Thoughts, arguments, etc?????