1. Bundoora RMIT #86, which I think is the second longest tram route in
the world

2. East Burwood #75 (starting from Spencer & Latrobe Sts)

3. Mont Albert to Port Melbourne #109

4. Melb Uni to Camberwell #72
5. Airport West #59 (The last two are pretty close so they could be
reversed)

As the crow flies Bundoora is the furthest by miles.

#72 may be the slowest by time in peak hour because the Bundoora tram
has the advantage of its own ROW beyond Albert St so isn't caught in
traffic whereas the #72 can be stuck on Malvern Rd for ages.

If anyone can be bothered measuring the distances on the melway a bit
more accurately than I just did with the ruler, please do :)

Vaughan

In article <381426C6.263E158B@melbpc.org.au>,
  John Duncan McCallum <mccallum@melbpc.org.au> wrote:

> carrington wrote:
> >
> > Got ½ day to kill in Melb on Wed. What's the longest tram journey
from
> > the city?
>
> > Carrington
> > ICQ 35512824
>
> The longest single journey in both time and distance would be
Melbourne
> University
> to Camberwell (route 72). You then can return to the city via the Mont
> Albert - Port
> Melbourne route (109). Other long routes are
> 1. City (Spencer Street)- East Burwood (75) runs via Flinders Street
> 2. City (Elizabeth Street)- Airport West (59)
> 3. City (Spencer Street)- Bundoora (86) runs via Bourke Street
> You can also travel to St Kilda from the City (Bourke Street) using
> route 96 one way, returning via
> St Kilda Road (route 16).
>
> John McCallum

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/