Re: melbourne frequencies

Exnarc <gwrly@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
7v1hn1$2lok$1@otis.netspace.net.au">news:7v1hn1$2lok$1@otis.netspace.net.au...

> Adam <Point98@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> 1bDQ3.2781$we.4369@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:1bDQ3.2781$we.4369@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> > I was wondering if anyone had the frequencies for the melbourne train /
> tram
> > system. Track workers, yard workers, whatever..

> > Purchase a radio scanner.. they're great! however, without the channels,
> > their not all that good ! :)

> 469.700 V/Line Channel 1 (Mainline)
> 469.725 V/Line Channel 2 (Shunting)

> Train Control (Centrol) are somewhere between 409mhz and 420mhz, (These are
> Railways of Australia frequencies).

Centrol Train to Base System:

Ch. Base        Mobile

2   419.350 MHz 409.900 MHz
ASW Totty B - Pyrenees (from ARTC Adelaide)

3   418.150 MHz 408.700 MHz
Melbourne - Ballarat - Ararat - Castlemaine, Ouyen - Panitchya

4   419.050 MHz 409.600 MHz
Melbourne - Deniliquin, Bendigo - Piangil, Eaglehawk - Inglewood

5   419.950 MHz 410.500 MHz
Nth Geelong C - Balarat - Yelta, Portland - Maroona, Seymour - Tocumwaul, Benalla -
Oaklands, Strathmerton - Cobram, Toolamba - Echuca, Shepperton - Dookie

6   419.650 MHz 410.200 MHz
Melbourne - Albury (BG & SG), Pyrenees Loop - Wolseley

7   418.450 MHz 409.000 MHz
Frankston - Stony Pt, Melbourne - Sale & Nyora.

8   418.750 MHz 409.300 MHz
Melbourne - Warrnambool, Sunshine - Brooklyn - Newport (West Line Only), Totty B -
Sunshine, Dunolly - Robinvale, Korong Vale - Kulwin

ARTC Adelaide control Melbourne - Albury (SG), Melbourne - Wolseley (SG).  They share
channel 6 on the NE with Centrol, who control the BG.  Everything else is controlled
by Centrol (Level 3 Transport House).

I'm not too sure how many rooms are now left in Centrol, now the interstate SG has
gone.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur.