Re: NRC & Douglas Park

Hi All
C. Dewick wrote in message <7v4tq4$6mb$1@lios.apana.org.au>...

>However, there is no (to my knowledge) co-ordination about ensuring this
>information is as correct as possible. It's well-known that coal trains are
>very often overloaded and this shows up at unloading time when the train is
>weighed. When taking the train consist, the only info about loading comes
>from the ticket, and often the net load is guessed, since there's no
>weighing facility at a lot of locations, although showing correct loading
>details is the responsibility of the shipper in most cases.

There has been a new high speed weighbridge installed on the main where the
Old Wallarobba station used to be.... The weight of the vehicles will be
communicated to Maitland Box, and the trains will not be required to slow
down to be weighed.... I am not sure whether it is operational or not yet...

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year