Re: Irish Gauge

On this subject I'd love to know what some of the advantages of the 5'3"
gauge are over standard gauge.
I recall reading an article in the Melbourne Herald sometime in the 1970s
which said that an even broader gauge was also considered for Victoria (the
seven feet and one quarter of an inch). The article listed a large number of
advantages over standard gauge, but I can't exactly recall what they were
now.
Regards,
David Lindstrom

7v32a1$4nj$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:7v32a1$4nj$1@nnrp1.deja.com...