Re: Hume ????

In article <9pAQ3.69$9l2.1972@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
  "PETer and susAN Cokley" <petan@NOSPAMion.com.au> wrote:
> Hume, the log loading place on the Cooma-Queanbeyan line, is where??
>
> I understand it is not too far from Queanbeyan itself.
>
> Is it a suburb of  Queanbeyan?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter Cokley

Hume is actually on the ACT side of the line a few kms south of
Queanbeyan. There is a timber road underpass that provides access to
the local speedway track on the NSW side of the line and a horse rind
facility.

The work on the line to Hume would probably replace the timber road
underpass and may require work around the road over-bridge on the Cooma
Road (the road from Queanbeyan to Hume).

The RAC have reclaimed controll of the line down to Tuggeranong siding
(about halfway between Hume and Royalla).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.